For nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant from The Project Solution, please review our Grant Requirements below.
To promote global citizenship and to create quantifiable change in distressed areas of the world.
What We Fund
The Project Solution is dedicated to creating solutions for communities in need throughout the world by providing small grants to fund a specific infrastructure project. Our focus is on projects that are “ready to go” but lack the funding necessary to begin work. We look for projects that are relatively small but when completed, will make a big impact on the local people. We are focused on sustainability and commitment from the community and the charity we work with to see things through to the end and ensure projects are maintained in the future.
When we indicate infrastructure projects, these are some examples of the types of projects we might fund:
- The construction of toilet/sanitation facilities
- The installation of water taps or the extension of existing water taps
- The construction of a classroom
- The installation of rainwater catchment tanks
Projects Outside of our Criteria
Our focus is specifically on projects with a physical end product. Examples of projects that we are unable to fund include:
- Administrative or operational costs
- Child sponsorships/school fees
- Staff salaries
- Training or educational programs
- Research costs
Where We Work
Our work is focused on collaborating with small communities in developing countries where small grants can make a big impact. To date, we have funded projects in Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Kenya, Cameroon, Zambia, Uganda, India, Nepal, Tibet and Indonesia.
We are focused on seeking out applications where finances receive the maximum use of spending. Project budgets generally average between $1500 – $3500 (U.S. Dollars). In certain situations we may consider providing finishing funds if your organization already has some of the funding in place.
Unfortunately, we cannot consider funding any project that exceeds $5000.
Requirements for Consideration
In order for your application to be considered eligible for funding, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a registered not-for-profit or non-governmental organization and be able to provide proof of such (including a government-issued identification number)
- You must have an active and up-to-date website where we can evaluate some of your past work
- You must have a dedicated point of contact who will work with us throughout the process and provide communications via email in a timely manner
- Your application must include an itemized budget (converted into U.S. dollars)
- You must provide three references who are outside of your organization and can speak about your work and history. These can be volunteers who have spent time working with your organization and/or other third party organizations who have provided grants or funding in the past.
How We Fund Projects
The Project Solution offers a unique model to donors under our “Subscription for Change” program. Individuals sign up with us for an annual donation and we in turn pool these donations, using 100% of the money we receive to form Donation Teams to fund projects.
How We Issue our Grants
Organizations that are awarded a grant from The Project Solution should expect payments in installations, not lump sums. After each milestone is met, subsequent payments will be made. This process allows us to see the progress of a project and report back to the Donation Team funding your project.
Grant payments are sent via PayPal, physical cheque, bank transfer or other online payment services. Any bank or third party transfer fees are deducted from the awarded grant.
Grant Submission Deadlines
The Project Solution accepts grant applications year-round. Grants are reviewed by our Board on a quarterly basis, and we will notify you whether your grant has been approved or declined. Please keep in mind that it may take between 2 – 4 months before you hear a reply depending on where we are in our review cycle.
If you feel you have a project that fits within our guidelines, please use our online grant application to submit your information to us. If you have any other questions, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.